Sidestreet Scuffle Sidestreet Scuffle

It's like a spy theme in a disco!

Reminds me of Square Pusher an awful lot, which reminds me of Ridge Racer! I really like this sort of style and you've pulled it off masterfully. Well done!

fly of spain fly of spain

High Five!

Nicely done man, I can't fault your guitar playing, it's perfect. I was hoping you'd be useless but alas, you are multi-faceted like a musical judas. Good sounds, classic Spanish chord sequence made interesting by your mental melodies! I really think you need to be writing music for film... Or Speedy Gonzalez cartoons. Keep it coming!

acmeDyne responds:

¡Andale! ¡Andale! ¡Arriba! ¡Arriba! ¡Yii-hah!
Love your reviews man. (And your music!) Thanks

Peanutbutter and strawberryjam Peanutbutter and strawberryjam

Nice musically.

I disagree with 'bad sound quality'. It does sound a little rough but I don't mind that, a lot of the stuff on here is over polished and made entirely in the box and sounds souless. This has a character of it's own and it sounds good for the most part. I'm not sure if you've done it on purpose or not but the tuning is horrendous in places. You would have got a five if I could be sure the tuning was an accident. This sounds a little like the band Brad and I like that a lot. Kinda laid back funky lounge grooves. Good effort but watch your tuning.

feiv feiv

Very clever!

You've got a way of the Elfman about you! There's joy and wonder in your stuff but there's always an underlying darkness and a hint of menace. The orchestration is great, I love your voicing and the subtle dissonances in the back ground. The little china bell thing is a cheeky little touch, that made me smile;

"My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard,
And they're like, 'Ting' It's better than yours..."

I wouldn't know what to do with a timpani, but if I was to try, this would be what I'd like it to sound like so you may have just inspired me to use one... Nice with the MIDI toy too! That thing looks fun. You're on my favourites!

Tigers Fortress Tigers Fortress

Nearly there.

Sounds like it's all set for slightly diminished shredie-but-still-dancey guitar bit with some heavy drums for about 16 bars. Think 'I like the way you move' sound but not as crappy a guitar part. Check out Faith No More's 'Strip Search' on you tube, the bit break down right at the end where he sings ' F for fake'. Something like that would suit this really nicely!

I gave 7 because it's not finished.. But 4/5 because it's better than a 3.

L0ve Is G0ne (Mans0n RMX) L0ve Is G0ne (Mans0n RMX)

The vocal is annoying.

It sounds like you've got lots of ideas from different songs here, some of your FX and builds come in from nowhere and don't appear to relate to anything else. The groove at the beginning completely disappears by the end of the song which damages continuity.

The vocal is in a completely different key which drives me nuts... And isn't it against the rules to use commercial samples? Anywho. You're obviously very skilled with Fruity loops, and although this track is technically very good, musically it's a little weak.

Mans0n responds:

Well its an acapella so im not so sure.
i downloaded it from youtube from a guy that ripped it from the song.
plus i dont think its a problem if i gave credit to the original artist.
which i did because its a RMX.

Random 8-Bit Song Random 8-Bit Song

Needs work!

Hey buddy! Let me start by saying that this song has a great melody. You really have something to build on. It sounds like you're only using two channels for most of this song, few timbres on your instruments and no drums?! You should definitely look into using the noise and DPCM channels, they can really provide a lot of meat. I've recently gotten into Famitracker too and I got a lot of inspiration from downloading tracks from the Famitracker forum. PM me if you want a direct link to some cool songs.

GenoWhirled responds:

This is my first use of FamiTracker. There's a lot I don't know yet, but thanks.

The Worst Song Ever Made The Worst Song Ever Made

Not cool. If you want good random, check out Mr. Bungle. I've given you two because some of your sounds are interesting otherwise it would have been a sound 1.

Torkmin responds:

Haha this is the exact kind of response i was looking for :)

Cornucopianism Cornucopianism

Pretty cool

I like to hear good guitar material on here! What happened to the melody though dude? You need a melodic line running through something like this or you risk it becoming a little stale. This as an initial idea has potential to become very good, your chord progressions are really interesting but you need to add more to this. I would like to hear it with drums, bass and a lead of some description. I hope you get around to it!

ChickenGod responds:

Yeah, this is just a demo, but I know what you mean with the melody.

I wanted to have a melody or some kind of finger picking thing throughout the whole peice, but I figured that for a demo, that would be a little much.

[RM] - Lucid Dreaming [Collab] [RM] - Lucid Dreaming [Collab]

gentle and epic!

Good work man this is really nicely put together. I reckon you can make some improvements though. I think you need a more prominent baseline. The strings sort of drown it out a little and maybe it's because it's all the same timbre. Changing to an electric bass guitar or something could help make the texture of the track more interesting. If I'm being really picky, you could tune the tablas a little higher or lower with a pitch shifter. They don't sit as nicely as they could.
I love the feel of the track though, it makes me reflect... Good effort.

Randomizor responds:

Thanks for the review my good sir.